Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces for straightening teeth that offers several unique benefits. Some of the advantages of Invisalign include being discreet and removable. We straighten smiles with Invisalign at Elite Dental Spa in Great Neck, NY. Dr. Eliot Heisler can help you achieve a straighter smile discreetly.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign is the discreet way to straighten and improve your smile. What makes this method so discreet is the use of clear aligner trays that can be removed as needed. Invisalign’s aligner trays move the teeth in a similar manner as braces by gently exerting pressure on them. The teeth gradually move in the intended direction over time until they finally reach the desired position.
Patients wear multiple sets of aligner trays throughout their Invisalign treatment. Each set includes two trays, one for each row of teeth. A set of aligner trays is only worn for a few weeks. Then it’s replaced with the next set of trays in the series. The teeth become a little bit straighter with each new set of trays.
Invisalign is available for adults and teens. In addition to straightening teeth, Invisalign can also correct minor bite alignment and crowding issues. More severe crowding and bite alignment problems are best corrected with traditional braces. The skilled dentist at our office in Great Neck, NY, can determine if Invisalign is the right method for straightening your smile.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign has many unique benefits that make it a popular choice among patients for straightening teeth. Advantages of Invisalign include:
- Discreet: The custom aligner trays are made from a clear material, making them virtually invisible to others.
- Comfortable: A soft and flexible plastic material is used to craft Invisalign’s aligner trays, making them significantly more comfortable than other orthodontic options. There are no hard or rough surfaces to poke or irritate the mouth.
- Removable: The aligner trays can be removed for up to two hours a day, as needed, such as before eating and when brushing and flossing.
- Improved Oral Hygiene: Maintaining better oral hygiene is easy since the Invisalign trays can be removed to clean the teeth. With braces, the brackets or wires can interfere with brushing and flossing.
- Fewer Food Restrictions: There is no risk of damaging the aligners or getting food stuck in them since they can be taken out when eating, which allows Invisalign patients to eat what they want.
- Protection Against Teeth Grinding: For patients who grind their teeth at night, the aligner trays help protect the teeth from sustaining excess wear and tear.
Invisalign offers several unique benefits, such as being conveniently removable and completely discreet. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Heisler to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign by calling Elite Dental Spa in Great Neck, NY, at (516) 829-2001.